Year 8 Options
The Year 8 options process allows the students to choose further study from some non-core subjects. This is to enable students to have a more in depth experience to help them to decide upon their GCSE choices. As stated, all core subjects will be taught in Year 9, this is not the GCSE options process. The full GCSE Pathways process takes place in Year 9 in preparation for Year 10.
Year 8 Options Information
The options booklet below contains detailed information about all the subjects that students can choose between. It is highly recommended the students read this booklet and consult their subject teachers before completing the options form.
Year 8 Options Form
The options form and guidance is available through the link below. If you are unable to access the form please check that you are accessing it from a "stberns" email address. If a student makes a mistake and wants to change their options they can by resubmitting a new form, at this point the old form will be deleted.
- The deadline for all options forms to be completed in Friday 7th May at 17:00.
For the options form- CLICK HERE
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
FAQ's from students and parents:
- Can I choose my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th preferred options?
- Unfortunately not, this is due to restrictions in timetabling.
- I have made a mistake on my form what should I do?
- If you have made a mistake do not worry. If you resubmit a new form the old form will be deleted.
- I cannot access the options form, what should I do?
- The first thing to check is that you are accessing the form from your school email address. This could mean logging out of your Internet browser or choosing to use a browser that is not already logged in. If you are continuing to have issues then please see Mr James.
- How are the groups selected?
- The groups are selected based on timetable and class size restrictions. We aim to provide all students with their first choices in all areas but at times this is not possible. This is why it is important that you pick both first and second choices you
Year 7 ReadathonAll our Year 7 pupils are being invited to take part in a readathon for the charity Read For Good. This is a charity that takes a regular supply of beautiful brand-new books in to children in local hospitals and even organises visits from professional storytellers. Our pupils are being asked to s...Read full story
Easing of Covid Restrictions from Monday 17th May 2021Latest update from Mrs McLaughlinRead full story
Virtual Open Day 2020Visit our Virtual Open Day Website.Read full story