All pupils must wear the correct uniform at all times, as outlined below. The correct uniform reflects the high standards and order in our school. Pupils are expected to take a pride in their appearance. Uniform should be clearly marked with owner’s full name. To order uniform please visit our providers website http://michaelhope.co.uk.
To order name labels please click HERE
General School Uniform
Black school jumper with green neck trim, which can be purchasd from our supplier, may be worn with the blazer but is not compulsory.
PE Kit - Boys and Girls
- School rugby shirt
- Black shorts or black jogging bottoms
- Black socks
- Plain white t-shirt (school logo optional - no other logos allowed)
- Training shoes – not black soled
- Rugby/soccer/hockey boots – studded for field use
The following items only are permitted:-
- One pair gold/silver studs or small sleepers worn in the ear lobe
- One chain – worn inside shirt/jumper
- One ring
- NO nose-studs, or other body piercings – covered or uncovered
Excess jewellery will be confiscated and kept until the end of term.
Make-up (including nails and nail polish) must be natural and kept to a minimum.
General Uniform Rules
The following rules must be adhered to:
- All hairstyles must be NEAT, TIDY and appropriate for the work place
- No extremes of haircut or hair-fashion will be allowed e.g. tramlines or patterns shaved into the hair, stripes of contrasting colour
- Hair should not obscure the face as this interferes with learning
- If hair is dyed it should be a natural hair colour e.g. blonde, brown, black
- In practical lessons such as Technology, Science, P.E, Art, long hair must be tied back for safety reasons
- Eyebrows should not be shaved
Parents who are unsure of these guidelines should consult with the Achievement Co-ordinator before the pupil has the haircut or hairstyle.
Start of new school year - September 2020Please click HERE for information on returning to school in September 2020Read full story
Covid 19 related, pupil absence - A quick guide for parentsCovid 19 related, pupil absence - A quick guide for parents What to do if… Action needed Return to school when… My child has Covid-19 symptoms. HIGH TEMPERATURE- This means they feel hot to the touch on their c...Read full story
Start of Year ServiceSt Bernadette's today celebrated a Start of Year Service together like never before!Read full story
Welcome Back Years 7 & 11Today we welcomed our new Year 7s and Year 11 back to St Bernadette's. It was lovely to have our pupils back in school. They all looked wonderfully smart in their school uniform and settled back into school life with positivity and enthusiasm. We are very much looking forward to welcoming...Read full story
EXAMS - St Bernadette's Pupils Celebrate SuccessResults statement 2020 At St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School we are committed to our students achieving excellence in all that they do. As such we are proud of the results that students at St Bernadette achieved in 2020. It is important to note that as there were no formal examinations sat...Read full story
Year 11 Leavers Message
Baker of the Year Cake Competition