All pupils must wear the correct uniform at all times, as outlined below. The correct uniform reflects the high standards and order in our school. Pupils are expected to take a pride in their appearance. Uniform should be clearly marked with owner’s full name. To order uniform please visit our providers website http://michaelhope.co.uk.
To order name labels please click HERE
General School Uniform
Black school jumper with green neck trim, which can be purchasd from our supplier, may be worn with the blazer but is not compulsory.
PE Kit - Boys and Girls
- School rugby shirt
- Black shorts or black jogging bottoms
- Black socks
- Plain white t-shirt (school logo optional - no other logos allowed)
- Training shoes – not black soled
- Rugby/soccer/hockey boots – studded for field use
The following items only are permitted:-
- One pair gold/silver studs or small sleepers worn in the ear lobe
- One chain – worn inside shirt/jumper
- One ring
- NO nose-studs, or other body piercings – covered or uncovered
Excess jewellery will be confiscated and kept until the end of term.
Make-up (including nails and nail polish) must be natural and kept to a minimum.
General Uniform Rules
The following rules must be adhered to:
- All hairstyles must be NEAT, TIDY and appropriate for the work place
- No extremes of haircut or hair-fashion will be allowed e.g. tramlines or patterns shaved into the hair, stripes of contrasting colour
- Hair should not obscure the face as this interferes with learning
- If hair is dyed it should be a natural hair colour e.g. blonde, brown, black
- In practical lessons such as Technology, Science, P.E, Art, long hair must be tied back for safety reasons
- Eyebrows should not be shaved
Parents who are unsure of these guidelines should consult with the Achievement Co-ordinator before the pupil has the haircut or hairstyle.
Baker of the Year Cake Competition
Pentecost Project with St Bernadette's ParishThank you so much to all of our young people who joined in this project. This was a wonderful joint project between our school and St Bernadette's Parish. What a fantastic way to celebrate unity at Pentecost! Click on the link to view the Pentecost prayer wall! https://padlet.com/marksadd2/StB...Read full story
Celebrating Good Work!Some of the fantastic work our students are doing at home!Read full story
Prizegiving 2020Prizegiving 2020 winners have been announced by St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School!Read full story
Coronavirus - Update6th July 2020 Dear Parents and Carers of St Bernadette Pupils, I hope that you had a good weekend and safely managed to make the most of the easing of some of the lockdown restrictions. Last Thursday we received the government guidance on the opening of schools to all pupils in Septe...Read full story