Click Here to download the latest Ofsted Report
On 11th and 12th May, St Bernadette’s was inspected by the Diocese under Section 48 of the Education Act and was judged to be an outstanding Catholic school.
We are delighted with this judgement. The inspectors were extremely positive about our pupils and all aspects of school life. Their comments include:
- In a wonderfully stimulating Catholic environment, with inspirational displays, students have many opportunities to reflect on and discuss their learning and the theology behind it.
- Students’ behaviour is outstanding, as is their proactive involvement in the Catholic life of the school.
- All students benefit enormously from the vibrant Catholic life of the school and make a significant contribution towards its ethos of the school
- There is a real sense of belonging – to the school, to the parish, to the wider Church and the global community, but also personal involvement.
- Students’ attainment and achievement in Religious Education are outstanding.
- The whole school community is enveloped in a stimulating, very Catholic environment, which adorns the building in order to educate and challenge everyone to reflect on their Faith and how they can live it out in their daily lives.
To read the full report please click HERE
Thank you to all members of our school community for making St Bernadette’s a vibrant and ambitious community of faith and learning and for contributing to making our school ‘outstanding’.
Coronavirus - Update27 March Dear Parents/ Carers, I hope that you and your families are keeping well and that the first week of pupils working at home rather than in school has gone smoothly. Thank you to all the pupils who are completing work and to you the parents, carers and family members supporting them. Th...Read full story