All pupils must wear the correct uniform at all times, as outlined below. The correct uniform reflects the high standards and order in our school. Pupils are expected to take a pride in their appearance. Uniform should be clearly marked with owner’s full name. To order uniform please visit our provider Michael Hope by using this link: https://www.michaelhope.co.uk/
To order easy to use name labels, please click here.
General School Uniform
|Plain black school skirt of knee length OR plain black school trousers - no belts/buckles/laces, not tight fitting/flared||Plain black school trousers|
|School Blazer with badge||School Blazer with badge|
|School tie||School tie|
|White school shirt – (not polo) to be tucked in at all times||White school shirt – (not polo) to be tucked in at all times|
|White/black socks or tights||White/black socks|
|Black school shoes - no platforms, high heels, trainers, daps or other canvas/leather shoes such as 'Vans & Converse' [maximum heel height = 5cm]||Black school shoes (without logos) suitable for a working environment - no trainers, daps or other canvas/leather shoes such as 'Vans & Converse'|
|Sensible school coat/jacket - no suede, denim, leather or imitation leather. Hoodies are not to be worn as a coat.||Sensible school coat/jacket - no suede, denim, leather or imitation leather. Hoodies are not to be worn as a coat.|
Optional - Black school jumper with green neck trim, which can be purchasd from our supplier, may be worn with the blazer but is not compulsory.
PE Kit (this applies to boys and girls)
|School rugby shirt|
|Plain black shorts or black jogging bottoms (NB - cycling shorts or leggings are not considered PE Kit and should not be worn)|
|Plain white t-shirt (school logo optional - no other logos allowed)|
|Training shoes – not black soled|
|Shin pads and black football socks will be required for some sports|
|Rugby/soccer boots – studded for field use|
The following items only are permitted:-
- One pair gold/silver studs or small sleepers worn in the ear lobe
- One chain – worn inside shirt/jumper
- One ring
Nose-studs, or other body piercings (covered or uncovered) are not permitted.
Excess jewellery will be confiscated and kept until the end of term.
Make-up & Nails
Make-up must be natural and kept to a minimum.
Nail polish or false nails are not permitted.
General Uniform Rules
The following rules must be adhered to:
- All hairstyles must be neat, tidy and appropriate for the work place
- No extremes of haircut or hair-fashion will be allowed e.g. tramlines or patterns shaved into the hair, stripes of contrasting colour
- Hair should not obscure the face as this interferes with learning
- If hair is dyed it should be a natural hair colour e.g. blonde, brown, black
- In practical lessons such as Technology, Science, P.E, Art, long hair must be tied back for safety reasons
- Eyebrows should not be shaved
Parents who are unsure of these guidelines should consult with the Achievement Co-ordinator before the pupil has the haircut or hairstyle.
Cost of Uniform
In developing the School Uniform Policy, the following has been considered to ensure that the uniform requirements are not prohibitively expensive for any family so all pupils can take a pride in their uniform and place in the school community.
- Branded items are kept to a minimum, blazer, tie, Rugby shirt for PE and the school jumper is optional.
- The quality and durability of the branded items are regularly reviewed to ensure they are value for money.
- The contact with our uniform supplier is regularly reviewed to ensure they are providing good quality items that represent value for money.
- To protect the environment and support families all pupils are encouraged to donate their branded uniform items that are in good condition when they leave.
- Second hand items are passed onto pupils who need these.
- Parents are encouraged to contact the school if purchasing the required items is difficult due to financial circumstances.