Latest Ofsted Inspection Report
St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School was last inspected by Ofsted in November 2018 where we were judged as 'Good' in all areas. To view the latest report, click here.
Latest Section 48 Inspection Report
St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School was last inspected by Clifton Diocese in line with Section 48 of the Education Act in May 2016.
We are delighted that this inspection found St Bernadette's to be an 'Outstanding' Catholic school.
We are delighted with this judgement. The inspectors were extremely positive about our pupils and all aspects of school life. Their comments include:
- In a wonderfully stimulating Catholic environment, with inspirational displays, students have many opportunities to reflect on and discuss their learning and the theology behind it.
- Students’ behaviour is outstanding, as is their proactive involvement in the Catholic life of the school.
- All students benefit enormously from the vibrant Catholic life of the school and make a significant contribution towards its ethos of the school
- There is a real sense of belonging – to the school, to the parish, to the wider Church and the global community, but also personal involvement.
- Students’ attainment and achievement in Religious Education are outstanding.
- The whole school community is enveloped in a stimulating, very Catholic environment, which adorns the building in order to educate and challenge everyone to reflect on their Faith and how they can live it out in their daily lives.
To read the full report, click here.
Thank you to all members of our school community for making St Bernadette’s a vibrant and ambitious community of faith and learning and for contributing to making our school ‘outstanding’.
St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School does not currently have any Trade Unions officials at the school, and so no time off has been taken by staff to fulfill their responsibilities.
Please click here to access the dedicated St Bernadette's page on the Schools Financial Benchmarking Service.