Latest Ofsted Inspection Report
St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School was last inspected by Ofsted in November 2018 where we were judged as 'Good' in all areas. To view the latest report, click here.
Latest Section 48 Inspection Report
St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School was last inspected by Clifton Diocese in line with Section 48 of the Education Act in October 2022.
We are delighted that this inspection found St Bernadette's to be an 'Outstanding' Catholic school.
The inspection team provided the following reasons for awarding this grade:
- St Bernadette’s is explicitly a Catholic school where pupils feel valued for who they are and what they achieve.
- Catholic life is at the centre of the strategic direction of the school.
- Catholic Social Teaching is embedded across all aspects of the work of the school.
- All members of the community fully understand and articulate coherently the mission of the school.
- Religious education is extremely well managed and led, which enables all pupils to make progress and become religiously literate.
- Chaplaincy is at the heart of the school and provides a variety of meaningful opportunities for all pupils to grow in faith.
- Leaders model the caring Catholic ethos which permeates throughout all aspects of the work of the community.
To read the full report, click here.
Thank you to all members of our school community for making St Bernadette’s a vibrant and ambitious community of faith and learning and for contributing to making our school ‘outstanding’.
St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School does not currently have any Trade Unions officials at the school, and so no time off has been taken by staff to fulfill their responsibilities.