Apprenticeships are on the rise. The positive benefits for both apprentices and the businesses that they work for have been researched and documented countless times.
- They offer structured training programmes and the chance to work (literally) towards a qualification.
- They provide the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in a chosen industry.
- Getting into employment earlier means there’s lots of potential for rapid career progression.
- They offer the potential to earn a good salary much earlier on in a career.
- Hands-on training provides the opportunity to put skills into practice and gain more confidence in a working environment.
- You earn while you learn. No student loans, no tuition fees.
- There are over 400 different types of apprenticeships – business, sport, marketing, construction are just a taste of what there is on offer.
- Apprenticeships offer a varied learning experience with time split between study and on the job learning
- It’s all about learning while doing, and learning from others in the industry.
- The ability to gain higher qualifications through apprenticeships, such as HNCs, HNDs, foundation degrees or honours degree.
What are the different apprenticeship levels?