All pupils must wear the correct uniform at all times, as outlined below. The correct uniform reflects the high standards and order in our school. Pupils are expected to take a pride in their appearance. Uniform should be clearly marked with owner’s full name. To order uniform please visit our providers website http://michaelhope.co.uk.
General School Uniform
Black school jumper with green neck trim, which can be purchasd from our supplier, may be worn with the blazer but is not compulsory.
PE Kit - Boys and Girls
- School rugby shirt
- Black shorts or black jogging bottoms
- Black socks
- Plain white t-shirt (school logo optional - no other logos allowed)
- Training shoes – not black soled
- Rugby/soccer/hockey boots – studded for field use
The following items only are permitted:-
- One pair gold/silver studs or small sleepers worn in the ear lobe
- One chain – worn inside shirt/jumper
- One ring
- NO nose-studs, or other body piercings – covered or uncovered
Excess jewellery will be confiscated and kept until the end of term.
General Uniform Rules
The following rules must be adhered to:
- All hairstyles must be NEAT, TIDY and appropriate for the work place
- No extremes of haircut or hair-fashion will be allowed e.g. tramlines or patterns shaved into the hair, stripes of contrasting colour
- Hair should not obscure the face as this interferes with learning
- If hair is dyed it should be a natural hair colour e.g. blonde, brown, black
- In practical lessons such as Technology, Science, P.E, Art, long hair must be tied back for safety reasons
- Eyebrows should not be shaved
Parents who are unsure of these guidelines should consult with the Achievement Co-ordinator before the pupil has the haircut or hairstyle.
Ready To LearnOur Ready to Learn video is available HERE. For more information please click hereRead full story
GCSE Results 2017‘St Bernadette’s Students Celebrate Exam Results’ Tense faces turned to smiles of joy as students opened their GCSE results at St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School. Students, parents and staff at St Bernadette’s are celebrating strong results for individ...Read full story