Click Here to download the latest Ofsted Report
On 11th and 12th May, St Bernadette’s was inspected by the Diocese under Section 48 of the Education Act and was judged to be an outstanding Catholic school.
We are delighted with this judgement. The inspectors were extremely positive about our pupils and all aspects of school life. Their comments include:
- In a wonderfully stimulating Catholic environment, with inspirational displays, students have many opportunities to reflect on and discuss their learning and the theology behind it.
- Students’ behaviour is outstanding, as is their proactive involvement in the Catholic life of the school.
- All students benefit enormously from the vibrant Catholic life of the school and make a significant contribution towards its ethos of the school
- There is a real sense of belonging – to the school, to the parish, to the wider Church and the global community, but also personal involvement.
- Students’ attainment and achievement in Religious Education are outstanding.
- The whole school community is enveloped in a stimulating, very Catholic environment, which adorns the building in order to educate and challenge everyone to reflect on their Faith and how they can live it out in their daily lives.
To read the full report please click HERE
Thank you to all members of our school community for making St Bernadette’s a vibrant and ambitious community of faith and learning and for contributing to making our school ‘outstanding’.
A video containing English & Maths advice for Y11A video containing English and Maths advice for Y11 parents is now available HereRead full story
Ready To LearnOur Ready to Learn video is available HERE. For more information please click hereRead full story
GCSE Results 2017‘St Bernadette’s Students Celebrate Exam Results’ Tense faces turned to smiles of joy as students opened their GCSE results at St Bernadette Catholic Secondary School. Students, parents and staff at St Bernadette’s are celebrating strong results for individ...Read full story